.. from a serious looking professional to a guy who got engaged / committed.
There was once this guy who I thought had the following traits:
- He was an introvert. He seemed to be very quiet, all to himself and a no-nonsense kind of a guy
- He was a thorough professional and equally a family person - work while you work, family is the top priority after work
- He hardly used to pick up anyone's calls but is hardly busy on phone
- I always thought he might be having his own friend-circle and might be going out with them for movies and stuff during the weekend.
You know the kind of person I am referring to, don't you?
And then this happened -
|Image inspiration: http://chuckiespictures.co.uk/|
he got engaged!
Have a look at how he's changed now (compare the point below with its corresponding point above) -
- He is no longer an introvert. Infact, far from it! He now seems very approachable and very happy with life. He now laughs at jokes and even attempts to make his own little jokes (lets not talk about how funny there are - it hurts).
- He still believes in work while you work and family is still his top priority after work. The only difference here is there's now an addition in his family who lives far away and the addition gets all the priority!
- Huge change happened here. He now has an additional phone with a new plan and new number. The new number is present only with his special someone. The plan states that he can call one person within the same provider network for hours at stretch and all this for FREE (obviously, conditions apply). I think marketers are responsible for this. You see, marketing is all about finding a hole in the market, provided there's a market in the hole! Marketers know how to exploit the situation. As far as his friends are concerned, he never used to pick up their calls then and nothing has changed on that front!
- I am still not sure if he has his own friend circle to enjoy his weekends. But even if he did, his friends will now be without him as he will always be busy during the weekend. After all, his fiancee needs more attention now! Who wouldn't want to listen to the innumerable shopping reviews and 101 different ways of shortlisting something & not buying it, who wouldn't want to support her when she cribs about her friends / enemies / frenemies? Who wouldn't want to say sweet nothings when there's absolutely no topic left on this Earth to discuss?
We all do! (pun totally intended)
Hey, I am no one to make a judgement. I am just happy to see him happy. After all, what matters is shown in the image below! Don't you agree?
If you are a married guy (got married in the last 5-6 years), you know exactly what I am talking about. If you are engaged, you will realize how you have changed without even making a conscious effort. If you are single and are ready for the next stage, I just described your future, mate!
Happy Valentine's Day, Guys.
Happy Valentine's Day, Guys.
PS: This is a satirical and a semi-fictional take on the metamorphosis of a guy. Guys, take it with a pinch of salt. Ladies, you already knew it, didn't you? :)
- Binu Thomas Follow @Binugthomas